ALL TATTOO RELATED QUESTIONS ARE BEST ANSWERED IN PERSON.
STOP BY THE SHOP OR CALL 6 DAYS A WEEK, 12-8 Tuesday – Saturday, 12-5 Sunday, TO SPEAK WITH AN ARTIST.
WHO CAN GET A TATTOO?
In accordance with New York State law, we only tattoo clients age 18 years or older with a valid photo I.D.
No minors. No exceptions.
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
For those clients interested in starting a custom tattoo project, we recommend making an appointment with the artist whose work speaks to the style of tattoo you are interested in getting.
Check out our artists’ work on our website, Instagram, or their physical portfolios in the shop. When you have found the artist you would like to work with, contact the artist directly, or call or stop by the shop to set up a free consultation. Once you and the artist have gone through all the details of your design, your budget, and both of your schedules, we will take a $100 non-refundable deposit to set your appointment. This holds the date and time that you agree on with the artist and comes off the final price of your tattoo. For multi-session pieces, the deposit is generally held until your final session.
DO YOU TAKE WALK-INS?
For those clients feeling more spontaneous, or who are happy to work with any available artist, we accept walk-ins every day on a first-come first-serve basis.
We cannot guarantee your time slot without an appointment, so we appreciate your patience as we serve our walk-in clients with the same care and attention as those who book appointments.
HOW MUCH WILL MY TATTOO COST?
All prices are given by the artists, in person, no exceptions.
Below are some guidelines to give you an idea of how the price is determined:
- The starting price for all tattoos is $80.
- The artists’ hourly rates range from $100-150/hour.
- Artists may choose to price your tattoo based on the project.
- Pricing takes into consideration size, amount of detail, placement on your body, and the time needed to complete the tattoo.
- To be fully informed, set up a free consultation with your artist. This will give you both a chance to discuss everything beforehand, so you can approach your tattoo experience in the way that works best for both of you.
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
If you cannot make it to your appointment, please call the shop or your artist as soon as you know, preferably at least 24 hours in advance.
With reasonable notice, we are happy to reschedule you to the artist’s next available time slot and hold your original deposit. If you need to cancel outright, this will result in the loss of your deposit. If you reschedule more than twice, it is at the artist’s discretion if they will continue to honor the original deposit.
HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF MY NEW TATTOO?
Your tattoo artist will give you verbal and written instructions on how to best care for your tattoo.
Here are some helpful reminders:
- Healing time can range between 2-4 weeks depending on your tattoo design and your skin.
- DO always wash your hands before touching your tattoo.
- DO keep your tattoo clean and moisturized as instructed by your artist.
- DO NOT submerge your tattoo in water during healing – tubs, pools, lakes, rivers, oceans, etc.
- DO NOT pick, scratch, or peel your tattoo.
- DO NOT expose your tattoo to prolonged direct sunlight.
- DO call the shop with any questions or concerns during the healing process.
DO YOU DO PIERCINGS?
Not here at OVG, but at our Brooklyn piercing shop “The End Is Near” we do.
TEIN is located two blocks from Hand of Glory Tattoo Studio, at 429 7th Avenue, Brooklyn.
TEIN’s hours are Monday – Friday 12-9pm, Saturday & Sunday 11-9pm.
We welcome walk-ins and appointments every day.
You can find out more details on the services offered and book your appointment online, www.theendisnearbrooklyn.com.
You can also call us at (347) 335-0846, and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO YOU HAVE OTHER LOCATIONS?
If you find yourself in Brooklyn, New York, stop by our sister shops Hand of Glory Tattoo Studio, where we offer tattooing in a historic building filled with a collection of fine art and oddities, or two blocks from there at The End Is Near, an elegant boutique for all body piercing services and high end body jewelry.
Hand of Glory Tattoo is located at 465A Seventh Avenue, and The End Is Near is located at 429 Seventh Avenue, both in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
You can also visit our websites, handofglorytattoo.com and theendisnearbrooklyn.com.
Check out our artists and piercers work online, and book a free consultation today!